The current situation in Russia and Ukraine has many people asking if we’re living in the end times. What role does Russia and Ukraine Play in eschatology? In this episode of Kitchen Table Theology, Pastor Jeff Cranston and Jen Denton continue our series on Eschatology and dive into the roles that Russia, Iran, and other northern countries play a role in the end times.
[00:01] Russia and the End Times
- Does Russia’s unprovoked invasion into Ukraine play a significant role in the events of the end times
- Bible scholars often say Russia plays a big part in the end times
- The Battle of Gog and Magog (Ezekiel 38, 39)
[04:28] The Battle of Gog ad Magog
- Gog is a person and Magog is a place, territory, or nation
- Gog is from the land of Magog and is the leader of Tubal and Meshech
- Gog will plan to attack Israel
- The Lord God is against Gog and will defeat Him
- Why Russia is believed to be Magog
[08:13] Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine Found in Prophesy of the End Times?
- Not Necessarily
- The Bible does NOT prophecy Russia’s invasion of Ukraine
- Israel should always be aware of potential attacks from the north
- Where these events fit into the eschatological timeline
- The first half of the tribulation
[12:26] The Identities of Gog and Magog
- The origin of Magog, the grandson of Noah
- Magog’s descendants settled in the far north of Israel
- Gog and Magog mentioned in Ezekiel 38 and in Revelation are different
[18:59] Closing Up
- Head over to https://www.jeffcranston.com for info on his books, sermons, leadership notes, and blog posts
- We’ve surpassed 25,000 downloads! Thank you for listening!
“Gog will attack and then be defeated by God Himself in the mountains of Israel. And the Bible says in Ezekiel 39, that slaughter will be so great, it will take seven months to bury all the dead.” - Pastor Jeff Cranston
Join the Conversation
We love your feedback! If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review. If you have any questions or comments on today’s episode, email me at email@example.com
Visit my website https://www.jeffcranston.com and subscribe to my newsletter. Join me on Sunday mornings at LowCountry Community Church.
Check-in with us on Facebook or Instagram @pastorjeffcranston
Remember, the real power of theology is not only knowing it but applying it. Thanks for listening!